The Sr. Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by testing, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Sr. Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the Systems Administrators on staff.
- Produces engineering documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Serve as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Design and conduct test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery
- processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare system performance statistics and reports.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software
- systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with Cisco virtual and physical network, and security concepts and practices.
- Experience with Server Operating Systems and Domain Administration in a Windows Server environment.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in VMware vSphere and ESX technologies, SolarWinds, DameWare.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level III (or obtain within 6 months of hire).
- Current MCSE certification relevant to the candidates work area (Desired).
- Secret with the possibility of TS/SCI
- Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC