Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support for the Special Operations Command (SOCOM) ISR Transport Enterprise.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting interface between the SOCOM user community and the transport system OEM components and configuration providers.
• Interface with NOC Engineers and controllers, including providing technical assistance and updates.
• Responsible for providing advanced technical and operational support to the users forward and the hubs located at the ISR inject sites.
• Situation reports, status updates and assist with any system upgrades requiring aircraft and ground transport coordination.
• The contractor will work closely with government and OEM program managers to include SOCOM and other site engineers as required.
• Provide advanced expertise in Full Motion Imagery and black/red terrestrial communications networks.
• Directly support the development and testing of network configurations, system-monitoring, remote terminal commissioning, routine preventive maintenance, customer and OEM problem tracking, and network problem resolution in all aspects of networking with regard to the client's Baseband, IF, and RF communications.
• Coordinate with SOCOM/J63 to insure support requirements outlined in this SOW and additional tasking related to data transport requirements are prioritized by SOCOM/J63.
• Provide technical assistance and drawings in support of the SOCOM KuSS installs, modifications, and upgrades.
• Provide SOCOM J6 recommendations for improvement and document all system deficiencies identified during testing and integration.
• Support RMF efforts as requested by SOCOM JX/J623 and coordinated with J63.
Skills / Qualifications
• 10 years minimum experience/background assessing network issues, outages, operational degradation, and perform most hub and terminal maintenance (scheduled and unscheduled) activities.
• Ability to conduct advanced in-depth log analysis and root-cause isolation. Based upon operational and technical experience, this tier is the field-level subject matter expert for configuration management and configuration control documentation.
• Conduct and facilitate higher-level troubleshooting activities as required.
• Establish and document procedures as required.
• Assist on an as-needed basis with directed/required upgrades and Information Assurance (IA) hardening within the requisite skill set.
• Travel up to 25%
• Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III, per DoD 8570.01-M
• Top Secret/SCI
• Network +
• Security +
• CCNA, CCNA Security, and/or SSCP
• CCNP, CCIE